PPTP Consumer is a Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD and OpenBSD shopper for the proprietary Microsoft Level-to-Level Tunneling Protocol, PPTP. Permits connection to a PPTP primarily based Digital Personal Community (VPN).
Internet hosting supplied by SourceForge.
PPTP Consumer is licensed underneath the GNU Common Public License (GPL) model 2 or later. PPTP Consumer was generally known as pptp-linux and was written by C. Scott Ananian. There have been many contributions by customers of PPTP Consumer.
PPP 2.4.2 and later accommodates MPPE assist, added by Frank Cusack and others, that’s licensed underneath a BSD with out promoting clause license.
The older and deprecated PPP-MPPE 2.4.0 and a pair of.4.1 comprise MS-CHAP-v2 and MPPE assist that was added to PPP by Paul Cadach (firstname.lastname@example.org). Two capabilities from OpenSSL have been copied. Due to this, we should say for PPP-MPPE 2.4.0 and a pair of.4.1 that “this product consists of cryptographic software program written by Eric A. Younger (email@example.com)” and “this product consists of software program developed by the OpenSSL Project to be used within the OpenSSL Toolkit. (http://www.openssl.org/).”
So that you’d prefer to run a PPTP tunnel out of your Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD or OpenBSD system? Want to connect with your employer’s VPN? Simply obtained ADSL? We propose that you just:
- discover documentation on our web site that matches your distribution, or use our generic instructions,
- obtain and set up the software program in accordance with the directions,
- check with our Diagnosis HOWTO should you expertise issues,
- be a part of our mailing list and ask for assist, and
- contribute to the undertaking by helping us to enhance the documentation or software program.
- appropriate with the Linux PPTP Server,
- appropriate with Microsoft Home windows VPN Server,
- appropriate with many ADSL service suppliers,
- appropriate with Cisco PIX,
- helps 128-bit stateless encryption utilizing MPPE,
- helps on-demand or persistent tunnels utilizing pppd psuedo-tty assist,
- helps synchronous HDLC PPP encoding,
- helps reordering of out of order packets,
- runs on Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD and OpenBSD.
Though now we have some distribution particular HOWTOs in our documentation section, all of them boil down to those elementary steps. To ascertain a tunnel to a PPTP server:
- in case your Linux kernel model is under 2.6.15, improve it or patch it so as to add MPPE assist,
- in case your Linux kernel doesn’t have the ppp_mppe module, rebuild it so as to add MPPE assist, enabling the CONFIG_PPP_MPPE kernel construct possibility,
- set up the PPTP shopper, preferrably out of your Linux distribution,
- if the model of pppd is under 2.4.2, improve it,
- configure the shopper, begin the tunnel, and configuring routing, by both:
If there’s a distribution particular HOWTO, please use it.
Discuss with our documentation hyperlinks for extra element.
See our project downloads web page. The packages are:
- pptp, the helper program utilized by pppd to make a tunnel, which additionally consists of pptpsetup,
- pptpconfig, a graphical consumer interface for configuring and beginning a tunnel, (deprecated, use community supervisor pptp or pptpsetup as an alternative)
- pptpconfig dependencies, PHP and PHP-GTK packages wanted by pptpconfig.